Yamaha announced 2019 YXZ1000R and YXZ1000R SS (Sport Shift) models have began rolling off the assembly line in Newnan, GA and began shipping out to dealers nationwide.
Along with new body styling for the 2019 Yamaha YXZ1000R and SS models, Yamaha announced by the most exciting upgrade the Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing (GYTR) turbo kit. The turbo kit comes in at $5,499.99 and includes all the plug and play parts, Yamaha claims up to a 60% increase in power overall.
Updated for 2019 to deliver the ultimate high-performance off-road adventure on a wide variety of terrain – from open deserts and dunes, to muddy trails and rough, rocky terrain – the base model available in Graphite with cast aluminum wheels starts at $18,999 MSRP for both the full-manual and Sport Shift models. Special Edition (SE) versions are available in Team Yamaha Blue with color matched interior and true bead-lock wheels, starting at a $20,599 MSRP for standard and SS models. The other Special Edition YXZ1000R SS available in Ultra White features a suntop, true bead-lock wheels, accessory lights and more starting at $21,799 MSRP.
“The new YXZ1000R is still the only true pure sport Side-by-Side in the industry, designed by Yamaha for drivers wanting an ultimate, direct-connection to the machine whether they’re navigating tight wooded trails or roaming open desert,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha’s ATV/SxS group marketing manager. “The new 2019 models have been redesigned for any environment across the country, and are arriving now in dealers – available just in time for fall trail adventures and the upcoming dune season.”
For those who require even more punch, the Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing (GYTR) turbo kit designed specifically for the 2019 YXZ line installs quicker and easier due to the added GYTR connecting rods now coming standard in the engine. The GYTR Turbo kit uses the renowned Garrett GT2860RS turbo to meet Yamaha’s high- standards of durability, reliability and performance, while also being the only turbo in the industry that is CARB, EPA, and 50-state compliant for 2016-2018 model year YXZs, with 2019s soon to follow.
The YXZ1000R is powered by Yamaha’s industry-first 998-cc triple-cylinder engine, and an enhanced five-speed manual transmission delivering the industry’s only direct-connection SxS driving experience.
New for 2019
- Lowered gearing with a tighter first gear, ideal for technical riding and sharper torque right off the bottom.
- GYTR connecting rods, making it easier, faster, and less expensive to install the GYTR turbo kit designed specifically for the YXZ.
- Enhanced new body styling and design with class-leading driver visibility.
- Reconfigured, larger radiator moved behind the seats, eliminating excess heat within the cabin and further enhancing the occupants’ comfort, while simultaneously reducing the risk of clogging the radiator.
- New suspension settings, larger all-wheel disc brakes, wheels, and larger 29-inch Maxxis® Bighorn® tires.
- Increased accessory integration including wiring for the all-new Yamaha Adventure Pro GPS powered by Magellan.
REALize Your Adventure and view additional details and specifications on the new 2019 YXZ1000R, along with Yamaha’s complete lineup of Proven Off-Road vehicles online at YamahaOutdoors.com, or by visiting your local Yamaha dealer. Connect with Yamaha on your favorite social channels at Facebook.com/YamahaOutdoors, Twitter.com/YamahaOutdoors, and Instagram.com/YamahaOutdoors. Additionally find Yamaha Outdoors on YouTube, or search the following hashtags on all platforms: #Yamaha #ProvenOffRoad #REALizeYourAdventure #AssembledInUSA #YXZ1000R #AdventurePro #GYTR